Francisation InterGlobe is the leading corporate francization and linguistic marketing firm in Canada, catering to companies doing business – or wanting to do business – in Quebec.
The fact is, entering the Quebec market isn’t as simple as translating materials from English to French. While Quebec is home to almost a quarter of Canada’s population, it has a unique history, language and culture that differ significantly from the rest of Canada and the United States.
With a strong appreciation and respect for this community, Francisation InterGlobe was launched in 2007 after its founders helped Mountain Equipment Co–op achieve great results in entering Quebec. Since then, Francisation InterGlobe has offered companies a range of services helping them succeed in the Quebec market. These services range from carefully adapting marketing and communications materials for a distinctive French-speaking clientele to ensuring compliance with all relevant provincial language regulations.
Francisation InterGlobe’s work ethic is based on the following attributes:
- Simplicity : We avoid the use of complicated jargon and make every effort to communicate with our clients in clear and precise language.
- Trust : We value the confidence our clients place in us, and adhere to strict rules of integrity and confidentiality.
- Availability : We work collaboratively with clients, setting up clear timelines and communications channels at the start of each project.
- Ingenuity : We help our clients meet the challenges of working in the Quebec marketplace with enthusiasm, creativity and ingenuity.
- Rigour : Our approach is methodical and disciplined, no matter how big or small the job.
At the end of the day, Francisation InterGlobe’s business culture is based on one fundamental value: respect.
What does that mean in practice?
We start every project by getting to know our clients – their background, mission, values and goals – so that we can offer the services that will lead to the best results.
Working in a team–based culture, we honor and consider different points of view, while valuing and appreciating individual contributions. Our communications are always honest and reliable.
Finally, as a socially responsible firm, we continuously work to integrate the principles of sustainable development into all our activities. Protection of the environment, social justice, protection of our cultural heritage, innovation and quality of life are benchmarks by which we measure our progress.
How We Work
At Francisation InterGlobe, we’ve developed a disciplined approach to working with our clients – one with structure but lots of room to adapt to the unique requirements of each project. We call it “adaptive project management,” and it provides the starting point for defining how we work together.
Engage client in a discovery discussion
We start our engagements with curiosity. We like to ask lots of questions so that we understand our client’s intentions. The more we define their specific objectives, the more effective we are with our services. And the more satisfied are our clients.
That discovery process typically starts with an in–depth orientation session. We lead clients through a series of discussions that explore the various dimensions of francization – from human resources and IT to marketing and supply chain management. That way, we enable a more seamless customer experience on opening day and throughout the year.
Conduct inventory of existing English resources
Even before we develop a specific strategy, we work with clients to prepare an inventory of existing English resources, driven by the objectives uncovered during discovery. We work collaboratively to itemize and place in order everything that needs to be translated. That process generates a total prioritized word count that is matched against the available timeframe to generate a scope of work and budget.
Prepare francization strategy
Drawing on our expertise and what we’ve uncovered to this point, we prepare a francization strategy. We document how best to meet the requirements of Quebec’s Charter of the French Language, translate and adapt your documents and materials, and generate marketing benefits from your francization efforts.
The strategy assures you will:
- Communicate to customers and stakeholders in quality French
- Create a strong reputation for consistent, quality French adaptation
- Comply with all relevant regulations and receive a francization certificate
- Build enduring French adaptation processes
- Attract qualified staff who live the company values
- Support broader business goals
Prepare project plan
Once the strategy is approved, we prepare a project plan that describes how we’ll get the job done in the time available. It includes lots of milestones to track progress and make sure we meet various delivery deadlines. The project manager who works with you updates and refines the plan as the project proceeds. It’s all part of the adaptive project management we described earlier.
Build the project backbone
We subscribe to the philosophy that good planning leads to good results. So, as a final step before we actually begin French adaptation, we set up the necessary infrastructure to support the entire project. That includes a lexicon tailored to your organization’s sector, relevant dictionaries and terminology, and verification sources.
From here, we begin the process of working with your source materials as we guide them through several steps to arrive at the final copy. That includes an initial translation into French, further adaptation to ensure your communications send the intended message, then a final review and edit phase.
Review plan regularly and refine as required
Conditions change. We know this, so we continually return to the plan and refine it to make sure we meet the deadline.
Of course, the nuances and details of how our task are more complex. We invite you to test drive our services to uncover the full depth and breadth of our approach. We think you’ll be thrilled with the results.
Jean–Guy Latulippe, President
A skilled manager with a strong grasp of his métier, Jean–Guy Latulippe brings Francisation InterGlobe’s clients over 30 years of diversified experience in the fields of communications, marketing, business development and training. A naturally optimistic person who’s able to transfer his confidence to others, Jean–Guy is known for his fine sense of organization, attention to detail, multidisciplinary skills, and his talent for transforming problems into opportunities.
Whether as marketing director for a law firm, research director for a professional training firm or communications coordinator for companies in the industrial sector, Jean–Guy has managed numerous francization projects, highlighting his capacity for analysis and talent as a communicator.
Among his many accomplishments, Jean–Guy has managed the complete francization of a website for a national law firm; led the francization efforts of several major American retailers; designed and implemented a document management and francization project for a major heavy equipment dealer; and coordinated the linguistic adaptation of numerous training programs in the fields of management, communications and sales.
Fields of expertise
- Strategic analysis: customers, competitors, positioning, action plans
- Design, writing and production of various documents: brochures, presentations, proposals, websites, internal communications
- Website Translation Services
- Design of training programs and materials
- Management of projects and multidisciplinary teams
- Analysis and ongoing improvement of business processes and work methods
Some helpful resources
The team at Francisation InterGlobe uses a variety of tools to assist us in preparing the best possible francization strategies and adapting a wide range of content. We’ve assembled some of the most relevant resources to share with you here.
- Doing business in Quebec : Not as complex as it sounds!
- Charter of the French Language : Principal Obligations of Companies doing business in Quebec
- Obtaining a francization certificate in Quebec
- Integrating the French language into your business activities and processes : Tapping into your company’s full potential by transforming it into a bicultural organization.