Francisation InterGlobe (FIG) is Canada’s foremost French translation and marketing consultant. Established on Montreal’s famed Sherbrooke street, just a few blocks near the bustling downtown area, our firm aims at providing its clients with a true and powerful French voice to support their sales and marketing efforts—a process we like to call “linguistic marketing”. This approach calls on content that won’t just “do the job”, but instead create a real rapport with the target audience.
We are presently looking for a coordinator/translator (general field, EN > FR) for a 13-month contract/maternity leave replacement, beginning November 14th, 2016.
Are you a freelancer interested in working with Francisation InterGlobe?
Do you think you have what it takes to be part of our team?
We invite you to take our translation test.
Less than 10% will qualify for the next step.
Because of our strict selection criteria, our customers know they’re working with the most reliable translation service in the country.
Communicate with us to take the test.
- Receiving and analyzing the client’s work mandates
- Embracing the role of contact person toward the client, taking heed of his requests and wishes—in other words, offering unsurpassed service!
- Creating the client’s file and preparing all work documents, including any other type of pertaining information which can help the translation team to deliver top-notch French content
- Assigning work mandates to translators with proper and complete guidelines and deadlines–and a good spanking if needed… just kidding!
- Following up on requests and ensuring delivery of translated documents
- Establishing fees with freelance collaborators for particular mandates
- Gathering tenders from collaborators
- Assisting the chief coordinator during peak periods
- Translating and/or adapting texts from a variety of domains, complying with the client’s requirements and FIG’s own “secret recipe”
- Researching relevant terminology and various other aspects which will lead to superior-quality translations worthy of the FIG label
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Translation or relevant field–combined with real-world savvy!
- Three-year translation experience, ideally in a translation firm or for a private company
- Two-year coordinating experience related to translation projects
- Adequate knowledge of translation memories/softwares (MemoQ experience a bonus). Knowledge of translation project management tools a definite boon!
- Capacity to assess multiple projects and meet strict (sometimes urgent) deadlines‑real-world stuff, you know!
- Confirmed team player
- Professional order membership an asset
Francisation InterGlobe (FIG) is Canada’s foremost francization consultant, offering its linguistic and marketing expertise to businesses of all kinds and sizes. Based on Montreal’s famed Sherbrooke street—just a few blocks from the city’s downtown area—, our team has what it takes to create your own French voice in order to efficiently support your sales and marketing efforts. We like to call it “linguistic marketing”.
Note : Masculine form is solely used for readability purposes and is in no way discriminatory. You can send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall only communicate with selected applicants.