FIG is looking for a coordinator for its Montréal office. This is a full-time position (on-site, 37.5 hours per week). The salary is competitive and will be determined according to the selected applicant’s skills and experience.
- Coordinate translation requests from assessment to final delivery, and ensure that the budget and deadlines established with clients are met.
- Communicate with clients to obtain clarifications about their request or for any other questions during the translation process.
- Review the content of requests and assign projects to internal and external resources according to their expertise, rates and availability.
- Handle unexpected situations, such as unavailability of resources, or software and file-handling issues, in a solution-oriented manner.
- Engage in calls with clients when the translation process is discussed.
- Assist the Project Manager as needed.
Education and requirements
- Two to five years of experience in project coordination, preferably in the translation industry
- Bilingualism (English and French), written and oral
- Customer service experience and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with file transfer tools
- Knowledge of translation-assisted software (memoQ or other), an asset
A professional, friendly and inspiring work environment
We might be a small team, but we have our share of great challenges. We take our work seriously without losing our sense of humour or the pleasure of practising our profession. FIG is a people-oriented translation agency, where everyone is treated with consideration and respect. Furthermore, trust is essential to our business culture, and we encourage employees’ empowerment, leadership and autonomy.
If you’re interested in the position and our work environment, and if you meet the qualifications, please send us your resume with a cover letter indicating your skills and salary expectations at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 28 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.